Monday, February 1, 2010

Bit #50 - Finding That Girl - February Goals

It's the first day of February. Much like the first day of a new year, I take the same stance on the first day of a month. I think of it as a clean slate, a fresh start and a new beginning. I heard a quote this week and I don't remember where, but it struck me. It said, "Nobody can go back and change the beginning, but they can always look ahead and plan for the end." It's cliche, and slightly cheesy but I still like it. It's so easy to dwell on a mistake we made in the past that we don't even allow ourselves the opportunity to change it, make up for it and write a whole different ending.

Anyway, 2010 is still fresh - it's not the end - it's just February, and February happens to be my favorite month of the year! I'm going to be super busy this month, too and I couldn't be more excited for what plans the month holds.


February 2nd: The anniversary of 2 of my best friends. And Groundhog day!

February 7th: Superbowl! Go Saints!

February 9th: I'm going to see Jersey Boys at the Orpheum!

February 14th: Valentine's Day - my favorite holiday!

February 20-21st: Nashville!

Evan also has his basketball tournament in February and because the season isn't over we don't know the exact dates yet, but we're very excited!


Since I knew February was going to be such a busy month, I kept my goals small this month. Small, but still goals I'll have to work to achieve.


1. No carbonated beverages all month - This is going to be so difficult for me because one of my vices is Diet Mountain Dew. I love it, I crave it and I don't know how I'm going to go without it. But, I'm going to do it. Hopefully I will be able to almost eliminate them from my diet forever!


2. No "out to eat" meals all month - With the exception of my Nashville trip, of course. I want to be more responsible with not only my diet, but my money. Constantly eating out or ordering take-out is a waste of money, it's an expense I need to cut out. So, I'm going for it.


3. Stick to my daily workouts - I'm serious here. I'm starting a new routine today, one that I'll talk a little bit more about on Weight Watchers Wednesday on my blog and I'm very excited about it!




So, what are your goals for February? Please share!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Goals. How I love thee. I like these posts because they allow me to review my goals!

    I am trying to lose 10lbs. I am doing ok. Lost 2.1 lbs so far but the biggest thing is that I am getting my energy levels up as I have started hitting the gym!

    My 2nd goal for the month of Feb. is to cut back expenses where we are wasteful.

    My 3rd goal is to send more snail mail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Good Will Grace. We appreciate your thoughts and hope to see you soon.

If you are interested in submitting to Good Will Grace for a future post, please email us.